Wednesday, September 2, 2009

You never know what you'll see

Living on a lake in Florida can sometimes remind you of Forrest Gump. You never know what you're going to get (or see, in our case). Today, I saw something moving in the back yard that I couldn't identify. A quick look with the binoculars confirmed it was a very large turtle (tortoise?) headed toward the lake. I ran to get my camera. He froze when I got near him and stayed that way even after I hid behind a tree for a while, so I didn't get a photo of his legs. But, here he is. The shell is about the size of a large dinner plate.


Once I had been inside for a while, he hoofed it to the lake and went right in. I hope alligators don't eat turtles.....

Lots of conversations this week with contractor, HVAC guys, engineer, etc. Hope for lots of movement next week!

Stay Tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment