Monday, April 5, 2010

Taste of Texas

We took some time yesterday to work on the pool. It has been sitting dormant for most of the winter and was looking pretty sad. This was our first experience without the pool screen - and I must say, that it really did a great job of keeping the debris from the large live oak out of the pool. I was skimming the tassels from the surface, and when I got to one end and turned around, it looked as though I hadn't done a thing (tassels are still falling)! Ah, visions of our pool in Texas. I had to laugh.

The pool here is about 1/3 the size of our Texas pool (you know - everything is bigger....) and only has one big tree hanging over it (instead of three), so the work to keep it clean is really much easier. I will never forget the time in Dallas when the tassels from the huge Pecan tree all dropped in two days and you couldn't even see the pool cover under them. So....I will just have to keep it all in perspective next spring when the leaves are falling, followed by those damn tassels! I'm sure I will forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment