Monday, July 19, 2010

The Headboard Arrived Today

We purchased a headboard months and months ago so that we would have a new bed to sleep on even if we didn't have any other new furniture. It was delivered some time in April or May. When we finally brought it to the house and uncrated it, it was damaged. I'll spare you the saga with the shipping company (you SHOULD have opened it when it was delivered - not more than 45 days later.....) but anyway, our wonderful movers (yes, those are two words which rarely go together - more on them later) are great at furniture restoration. You see, I found them originally to move the piano and they also restore pianos. So, when I win the lottery, I'm going to get the Beckstein restored. Anyway, they fixed the headboard for us and delivered it today. Naturally, they were supposed to let me know when they were 30 minutes out, but they didn't call until they were at the house and we weren't. Oh well, fortunately, they waited for me to get home. They were also wonderful and assembled the bed for me. Yea! No more maneuvering around the footboard and slats that have been laying on the bedroom floor for the past 3 weeks. The bed looks marvelous and you can't tell at all where it was damaged. They did an amazing job. So..... one more thing off the list and one more room that is almost totally put together and finished. Note that there is not one room that is really finished, well maybe except for the powder bath - but I keep buying soap dispensers and matching tissue holders for that room that I keep taking back - so I guess even that, the tiniest room in the house, is not even finished. AUGHHHHHHHHH. Whew. Glad I got that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment