Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's Around Here Somewhere, part 57

I seem to recall that I did a post many moons ago about not being able to find things when we (ok - I was the only one) were packing. Well, I am experiencing the reverse now that we have moved in. Since almost (emphasis on almost) all of the boxes are unpacked, I can't always remember where I put things. I needed to sew on a button the other day and looked high and low for my sewing kit. I remembered unpacking it, but it could not be found in the places I thought would be the logical home. Fortunately, I did find one of those sewing kits you get in hotels, so that sufficed for the immediate need. Naturally, about 2 hours later, I found the sewing kit no where near where I thought it should be. It was upstairs. What?? How in the world did I think it made sense to keep it up there? Oh well, now it is downstairs, so next time I need it I am sure I will head upstairs looking for it!

Double ditto for things in the kitchen. Sadly, I can remember where things were in the Dallas configuration of the cabinets, but have no idea where things are now! It usually takes about three tries to find the correct bowl or pan. Oh well, I'm sure I will eventually figure it out - or else I will just move it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment