Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another New Development in the 'Hood

We have another new family living with us these days. About a month ago we discovered that a wood duck was nesting in our wood duck box. This is the first year for the box and we are thrilled the ducks found it. I entertained thoughts of photographing of the duck flying in or out of the box (they fly in and out at full speed) and was very excited. HA! There was no way I could get near the box without the mother duck flying out before I got there quacking as loud as she could. I would think I was being so quiet that she could not possibly hear me, but out she came every time. So much for the great photo op. I am thinking that we might need to move the box to a different tree for next year since it does upset them when we walk out onto the dock. Anyway....both mom and dad were sitting on the dock posts right next to the box and I was able to capture them from the patio without disturbing them. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment