Monday, May 3, 2010

Teaching Scruffy to Fly

When I was leaving the house this morning after photographing the kitchen, I heard the Osprey overhead chattering very loudly. I looked up to see all three of them (two adults and one baby) flying around in circles. The adults were teaching the baby, Scruffy, to fly! Very cool. I was able to capture some images, but they were pretty high up and I did not have my long lens. That means the photos below are not as sharp as I would like, but heck - at least I captured them. It's pretty early for the babies to be flying. The Osprey usually hang around until after 4th of July, but I have a feeling that they may be gone quite a bit earlier than that this year. Too bad. I hope they are still around a little while after we move back in.



This is the Osprey dive position. They weren't actually going into the water - just practicing. Really cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment