Friday, June 4, 2010

It's Summer in Florida

Which means that we have thunderstorms every afternoon. Every. Afternoon. This practice of Mother Nature ultimately causes delays because the primary items that need to be completed are the deck, fence, irrigation and landscaping - all outdoor work.

The irrigation was supposed to have been started today, but it wasn't because the horrible storms that came through yesterday threw the crew's entire schedule off. Unfortunately, this snowballs for us and means that we will most likely not be getting our final CO next week. The Guy is still optimistic, but I think this glass is not only half empty, it is also leaking. Oh, how I hope I am wrong.

Of course, I haven't even begun to pack - even though there is very little to pack. Some things, though, I am looking at and wondering why I ever unpacked them in the first place. Oh yeah - I was really thinking we wouldn't be finished until October. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment