Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday before CO


Another day without landscape/irrigation crew. I think the Sunday work was just a smoke screen to lull us into thinking they would actually be finished when they said they would be (Tuesday or Wednesday depending upon who you ask). Bob the Builder says that they will be finished. We'll see.

The things that did get accomplished include power washing the entire driveway, finally! It looks fabulous! The insulation guys blew the final amount of cellulose in the attic, so they are finished. Carpet installation began, but only the pad since the carpet warehouse is not open on Mondays. What???

The cleaning crew started with the windows. It took hours because there was only one guy and he was glued to his cell phone most of the time. It was hilarious seeing him trying to clean the big picture window with one hand while the other held the phone to his ear. Nonetheless, the windows are spotless.

The granite company was also a huge disappointment. We have a piece of backsplash that needs installing that we were not sure about when the granite was being installed. After everything in the kitchen was completed it was clear we needed that other piece. The granite company said that I could bring the piece by today and they would cut it for me while I waited. We are going to get the Super to install it. Anyway, on Friday they told me to come by around noon. By 9:30 this morning that time moved to 1:30, which came and went. Long story short and several conversations later, they decided that I would need to come tomorrow. (After all, Tomorrow is Another Day!) Insert (in)appropriate rant here about work ethic and keeping your word....

I also narrowed down the color of the dining room/wine cellar room down to three choices, so I purchased the small test sizes of paint from Sherwin Williams - a very nifty idea, for sure - and painted them on the wall to see which we liked best. I pulled out my "painting" shorts and shirt, which I love since they have all of the colors from Dallas on them, and now some from Florida as well. Enjoy the photo!

Oh, and I purchased a mattress!

No comments:

Post a Comment