Friday, June 25, 2010

Musings on Packing

All of our moves have been corporate moves except these back and forth across the street. For the record, corporate moves are MUCH easier! However, packing presents an opportunity for spring cleaning. I have heard it said that five moves equal a fire. Well, we're about there - definitely 5 moves, but still have some antiques that won't go anywhere else except with us.

Anyway, it is curious that I have three nearly full boxes of toothpicks. The only explanation is that there is this one recipe that I need them for and I obviously couldn't find the ones I had, so I bought a new box. Reminds me I need to make that recipe again! It is not curious that I have three cans of Hatch chilies. Definitely not enough, so need to add it to my grocery list! Where are the tops to that really cute oil and vinegar set? Where could they have gone? It's difficult to pack kitchen things in boxes that a mere mortal can carry. Everything is heavy. Why do I have so may boxes of tea? There is that bowl I have been looking for. Why do I have four sets of clear salt and pepper grinders. Probably because the salt grinders get corroded and I don't throw the old ones away when I buy a new one. Why would I do that? I am looking forward to the drawers in the old cabinets because they hold a lot of stuff. And goodness knows, I have a lot of kitchen stuff. I even use it all!

Where my magic wand? Haven't had a chance to go the new Harry Potter section at Universal. They have an Olivander's Wand Shop where "the wand chooses the wizard". I definitely need a wand to unpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment