Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday before CO

This was a busy day. The landscapers (finally) showed up around nine, along with four palm trees and three 18 wheelers full of sod. There is still much to do, so I was curious to see just how much would be completed by the end of the day. They did get the sod down in the back yard along with on the septic mound out front. Turns out, we cannot get health department final approval until the septic mound is covered with sod. They don't care about the rest of the yard, but the mound is important. So, we will go for health department approval tomorrow. Can't call for the final County inspection until the health department has signed off.

Carpet was installed along with the plantation shutters in the bedroom and see-through shade on the big picture window. All components look great. The long cord for the shade didn't make it, so the shade doesn't work (it's electric). Bummer because the cover comes off the floor tomorrow and the purpose of the shade is to keep the sun from beating down on the den floor. Cord should be here on Thursday.

Let's see. Drove out to the granite guy's place to get him to cut the final piece of backsplash. Got it and it was installed. Received the shipment from Container Store (can you believe there is not a Container Store in Orlando? They are really missing an opportunity!) so we can assemble the pantry tomorrow. Love that Elfa! To digress just a bit, when we first moved here, the Guy asked me what I was going to do the first Saturday in the house. "I'm going to the Container Store" I replied. I got on line to see where it was and it turns out the closest one to Orlando was in Miami. MIAMI??? Are you kidding??? I was stunned. I haven't lived in a city without a Container Store since they first opened in Dallas in 1978 or so! Fortunately, I needed to go to Miami on business (really - I swear - I really needed to go) pretty soon thereafter, so I drove and picked up what I needed there. I email them periodically to plead that the open up in Orlando, to no avail. Fortunately, their shipping costs are not too bad. Still.......

The Super hung two of the mirrors in the master bathroom and they look wonderful. I found some frames with a small bit of the paint color in them, so really looks like they belong. We are waiting on the two-way mirror that will go in front of the TV. Hope to get it by the end of the week. - Yes a TV in the bathroom. Need to watch the news in the morning and can sit in the jacuzzi and watch whatever! I am really looking forward to getting back in the jacuzzi (it came with us from Dallas also).

Didn't see the deck guys. Hummmmm. Not good.

Here is a photo before the landscaping along with one of the wall of sod.


No comments:

Post a Comment